One of the best accessories you can have is confidence. Regardless of who you are, at times even the best of us can lack in confidence. Being comfortable in your own skin and dressing the part can elevate your self-assurance in ways you may never have imagined. So if you’re finding yourself in need of a little boost in your step, here are a few easy-to-follow tips on how you can look and feel more confident!
1. Play dress-up. One of the quickest and easiest ways to boost your confidence is to “fake” it. When you’re not feeling your best, your favorite worn-in jeans and your college sweatshirt can often turn into your daily go-to outfit; however, you must fight the urge to play ”lazy”—play “dress-up” instead! Throw on one of your favorite outfits that you know will turn heads. When you’re wearing an outfit you feel good in, you are more self-confident and feel secure and in control of your life.
2. Think about your posture. Maintaining a good posture can do a lot more for you than you think. Good posture helps to elongate your appearance—improving how you look in any outfit and making you seem alert and confident. So get out there and hold your head up high!
3. Dressing for your body. I’ve said it here before and I will say it again—wearing clothes that fit is more important than sporting the latest trends. Wearing something that doesn’t properly fit or suit your body shape can leave you with the annoyance of having to adjust your clothing over and over, which is the last thing you want when you’re trying to look confident!
4. Play up your best features. We should all have a feature that we love, whether it’s great skin, beautiful hair, gorgeous eyes, or killer legs—the more you highlight the positive, the more confident you’ll feel!
5. Smile. Even if you need to fake it. When you smile, the whole world smiles with you. Positivity is infectious. If you’re having an “off” day, smile through it. Your mood is bound to take a turn for the better and make you feel great about YOU!