It’s so easy to get caught up in the everyday “familiar” and “comfortable,” especially when it comes to our clothes! If you feel like you are knee-deep in a style rut, all you need is a little encouragement and a good starting point! This doesn’t mean you have to go shopping—instead, take inventory of what you already own! Most women have at least 30 items of clothing, jewelry, shoes, and accessories hiding in their closets that aren’t already in their regular rotation! It’s important to have your own sense of style, but don’t fall victim to wearing the same things over and over again. Read on to learn about how you can break out of your rut and give new life to the hidden gems in your closet.
1. Wear one new article of clothing each week. Pick something that you haven’t worn in ages and make it a personal challenge to style it in a new fresh way!
2. Grab a belt. Adding a belt to an outfit can give it that extra style factor. Experiment with different colored belts and wear them over jackets and scarves for added flair.
3. Put on some lipstick. Colored lipstick is a hot new trend! If you have gotten into the no-makeup habit, glam up your lips with a little lipstick—you might just like it!
4. Go for color. We all get in the habit of wearing black and grey too often. Yes, darker colors are slimming but they can also be drab. Color is an instant eye-catcher, making this the perfect style tip for any age.
5. Change up your handbag. Voilà! Yet another reason why Miche makes being fashionable so easy! Switching up your handbag is an easy way to give your look some extra style points and give yourself that extra boost of confidence when faced with a style rut!
When dealing with a style rut—and believe me, it happens to the best of us—it is important to remember to never say never. Always keep an open mind and be willing to give something new a try!